Satay Chicken with Stir Fried Vegetable Sticky Rice
2 large chicken breasts, sliced into strips
300ml white wine
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp Kikkoman teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
100g self raising flour
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp stir fry oil
180g basmati rice
1 tbsp stir fry oil
80g spring onions, diced
1 tsp crushed ginger
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
400g mixed stir fry veg (he used a mix of sugarsnap peas, baby corn, cabbage, peppers and beansprouts)
Soy sauce and pepper to taste
170g smooth peanut butter
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp teriyaki
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1) Marinade the chicken breasts in the wine, garlic, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and some black pepper, for at least half an hour. Meanwhile, soak the basmati rice, again for at least half an hour.
2) Drain and rinse the rice, and cook in the drained marinade from the chicken, and 400ml boiling water, for about 12 minutes. Drain (if necessary), and place in a dish in the fridge until cold.
3) In a large frying pan, heat the 2 tbsp stir fry oil in a large frying pan. Coat the marinated chicken strips in a mixture of flour, Chinese 5 spice and seasoning, and fry these (in batches if necessary) on all sides until the chicken is brown and crispy, and fully cooked.
4) Meanwhile, in a wok, heat up the 1 tbsp of oil until hot. Stir fry the spring onions, ginger, garlic and stir fry veg for 5 minutes. Add the cold rice and some soy sauce and fry for a further 4 minutes (add a little more oil if it sticks too much).
5) Mix together the peanut butter, lime, teriyaki with a bit of salt and pepper, and add water gradually until a thick sauce consistency is achieved. Serve the crispy 5 spice chicken with the stir fried sticky rice and the satay sauce on top.